It’s @MLB revisionist history. The tied All-Star Game in 2002 didn’t happen.
MLB Conveniently Forgets To Acknowledge Most Embarrassing All-Star Game Moment Ever
1. For the All-Star Game at Citi Field, MLB has set up part of the scoreboard with the results of recent Midsummer Classics. But wait, something was missing yesterday.
2. The 2002 game never happened!
3. Of course, that was when the game ended in a controversial 7-7 tie after 11 innings which remains a permanent black mark on the tenure of Commissioner Bud Selig (pictured center).
Andy Lyons / Getty Images
4. Fans were booing and chanting “Let them play!” as it became clear that there’d be no winner.
5. Today, the game is back! Baseball infamy is restored.
6. Let this be a lesson: You do not screw with the past.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/erikmalinowski/mlb-conveniently-forgets-to-acknowledge-most-embarrassing-al
Leave a Reply