This is lovely. A man is searching for the stranger who stopped him jumping off Waterloo Bridge 6 years ago #findmike
A Man Has Found The Stranger Who Saved His Life
2. Earlier this month, Jonny Benjamin began a campaign to find the man who saved his life six years ago.
“His act of kindness changed my outlook on life and I have thought about him ever since. I want to find this man so I can thank him for what he did. If it wasn’t for him, I probably wouldn’t be here today.”
4. Jonny teamed up with mental health awareness charity Rethink to further his cause.
Statistics from Rethink show that 6,000 people take their own lives in the UK each year and approximately 5% of people attempt suicide at least once in their life.
5. He appealed to people who might have been on the bridge that day to come forward with any information.
7. On Tuesday 28 January, Jonny was reunited with his saviour – Neil.
Neil explained, “I got in touch straight away. I was so pleased to see how well Jonny was doing, I had thought about him over the years and had always hoped he was OK.” He continued, “I didn’t feel it was that big a deal, I did what anyone would do. I wasn’t trying to fix his problems that day, I just listened. I can honestly say, hand on heart that Jonny is one of the nicest people I have ever met, he’s a great bloke and it’s brilliant to see him smiling again. We’ll definitely stay in touch.”
8. Since the day on Waterloo Bridge in 2008, Jonny has worked in mental health campaigning, and making Youtube videos, passing on the message of recovery.
To learn more about the campaign, or to discuss any of the issues raised in this story, contact Rethink.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/a-man-is-trying-to-find-the-stranger-who-saved-his-life-can
Previous Post: Super Fast Ninja Dog (Video)
Next Post: Kiss from a Rose a Cappella Cover (Video)
Leave a Reply