1. First, DIY some cute invites.
2. Get the place spruced up.
3. Make sure the dog has something to wear.
5. You’ll want a playlist to keep things lively. Start with the Meat Loaf slow jams…
Hey, better than this.
6. And work your way up to some Pitbull.
7. Prep a few dance moves (in case of victory).
8. Get all your screens up and running.
9. Put out games to keep guests entertained.
10. And don’t forget to keep track of the results.
Chalkboard map for sale on Etsy.
11. To drink, how about a red, white, and blue mojito?
Recipe at Fashionably Bombed. If you’re not the kind of person who keeps edible silver glitter stars on hand, get them at a craft store or here (and maybe rethink your life choices).
12. Or just do shots all around.
13. Set out plenty of bipartisan coasters.
For sale (35% off!) on Etsy.
14. And swizzle sticks.
For sale on Etsy.
16. Serve some burgers for the Obama fans…
18. If you fry anything, make sure the pans are patriotic.
Made by FeLion studios.
19. No matter who wins, try not to let dessert get too combative.
20. Pie knows no party lines.
Recipe at The Kitchn.
21. You could also pretend you’re going to make these candy bars.
Recipe at Cherry Tea Cakes.
22. Or a ninja interior-flag cake.
Recipe at I Am Baker.
23. But it’s more likely you’ll just ice a few cookies.
24. Or, let’s be honest, do this.
25. When it’s all over, don’t let the dishes sit around too long.
26. And remember: Being busy party-planning is no excuse not to VOTE on Tuesday!
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/how-to-throw-the-best-election-party-ever