Community Post: Living In New York City Vs. Living In Los Angeles
1. New York City: Traffic is the 6 train being held up at Union Square during rush hour due to a sick passenger.
Now how else am I supposed to get uptown?
Los Angeles: Traffic is every freeway and every side street from Santa Monica to the San Gabriel Valley.
Better get some audiobooks.
2. New York City: Road trips are to New Jersey, Connecticut, Long Island, and D.C.
What exit on the NJ Turnpike or Garden State Parkway? The eternal question.
Los Angeles: Road trips are VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And San Francisco. But mostly VEGAS!!!!!!!!
3. New York City: The state of the beaches is…questionable.
This ain’t the Hamptons.
Los Angeles: Beach is life.
4. New York City: Everyone walks.
Los Angeles: You walk…after taking a short drive to a hiking trail.
But only Runyon Canyon if you absolutely have to.
5. New York City: Spring is that wonderful day when you can finally open your windows and go outside without a jacket.
Los Angeles: 68 and sunny
6. New York City: Autumn is the crunch of the leaves beneath your feet.
Check out that foliage.
Los Angeles: 68 and sunny
7. New York City: Summer is HOT, HUMID, and GROSS.
Put that A/C on Power Ranger.
Los Angeles: June gloom…
…then 68 and sunny
8. New York City: Winter is cold, but festive.
Make sure you bring your gloves.
Los Angeles: 58 and sunny
You might need a heavier jacket. Might.
9. New York City: Rain? No big deal.
Los Angeles: Rain?!? WATER IS FALLING FROM THE SKY WHY???
10. New York City: You spend more than you’d like to admit on MetroCards.
Swipe again, please.
Los Angeles: Gas. So much money spent on gas.
11. New York City: Weed? What weed?
Los Angeles: Where *can’t* you find weed?
Paging the Green Doctor…
12. New York City: What’s that smell? Probably urine.
Occasionally, it’s maple syrup.
Los Angeles: What are you breathing? It’s probably smog.
13. New York City: You bond over your hatred of the MTA.
Los Angeles: You bond over driving directions.
14. New York City: You’re not quite sure how to say…
It’s “Kah-She-Yoo-Sko.” Supposedly.
Los Angeles: You’re not quite sure how to say…
And how you say it says a lot about you.
15. New York City: JFK and LGA are the WORST.
Los Angeles: LAX is the WORST.
16. New York City: You can’t go wrong with….
A slice of heaven.
Los Angeles: You can’t go wrong with…
That’s what a hamburger’s all about.
17. Conclusion: Whether it’s NYC or L.A…
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/mallory/living-in-new-york-city-vs-living-in-los-angeles-na5
Previous Post: Thirsty Cat Tries To Drink By Putting Its Entire Head Underneath A Faucet (Video)
Next Post: 12 coming-out de stars
Leave a Reply